‘An excellent reputation...’
Somek and Associates are currently operating as follows:
- The majority of our staff continue to work from home using a secure connection.
- Our office is open every day to process any essential post and operate the switchboard but is minimally staffed.
- The majority of our experts have now received two Covid-19 vaccinations.
- Our quantum experts are now undertaking Face to Face assessments, subject to careful risk assessment and the informed consent of experts and claimants. Where possible, a combination of Face and Face and virtual assessments are being undertaken, thereby reducing the time that the expert is required to remain in the property, which is much safer for both expert and claimant.
- Where a Face to Face assessment is not indicated (due to high risk/ unvaccinated status of some of the claimants), a virtual assessment will still be considered where appropriate.
- Many of our experts are undergoing lateral testing and will test prior to an assessment – we will inform our clients where this is occurring, as a part of the risk assessment process.
- All claimants are provided with an information leaflet detailing the steps we have take to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission and are contacted 10 days prior to a Face to Face assessment by letter asking them to inform us of any change in their health or circumstances e.g. the development of a) a new, continuous cough; b) a high temperature (37.8 °C or over); and/or c) a loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste. Our experts also inform us of the same.
- Our experts also contact the claimants before their departure, on the day of the assessment, to ensure there has been no change in claimant/expert circumstances over-night. For this reason, it is essential that our expert is provided with the claimant’s telephone number. Somek & Associates continue to operate an emergency out of hours contact number should a claimant need to cancel an assessment scheduled for the weekend: 07538 330035.
- Our staff and experts continue to be supported by our senior management teams to ensure the smooth operation of our service.
- Our aim is to maximise the safety of our experts and the claimants whilst also assisting our clients to progress their cases in the most timely way possible, therefore if you think there is anything further we can do to assist you please do not hesitate to let us know.
If you would like to discuss anything further, please do contact Jessica Thurston, Chief Operating Officer on 01494792711.