If you would like further information on becoming an expert and meet the requirements listed, please contact us using the form below. For more information on why you should join our team at Somek & Associates click here.
- 8 years minimum (quantum) and 10 years minimum (liability) of post-qualification experience with clinical assessment/experience & commitment to CPD.
- You must be undertaking clinical work on a regular and ongoing basis.
- You must be able to demonstrate sufficient experience of working in the UK.
- Ability to undertake work in solid chunks of designated time (i.e. a minimum of three hours in one sitting).
- Stamina and commitment to the delivery of detailed reports.
- Willingness to pursue and maintain Continuing Professional Development as an Expert Witness at your own cost.
- Dedicated work space whether at home or in an office, which ensures confidential data storage.
- Commitment to data protection.
- Careful and analytical approach to dealing with evidence in its various forms.
- Excellent clinical assessment skills.
- Comprehensive grasp of English and excellent report writing skills demonstrating correct grammar and syntax.
- Intention to remain registered with professional body and up to date in respect of clinical expertise for the duration of all cases upon which instructed.
- Current car driver’s licence or a willingness to work with capped travel in situations when the expert wishes to travel using a method that is not the most cost effective for the instructing client.
- Access to PC or Mac computer.
- Competence in the use of Microsoft office word and email.
- To be prepared to travel throughout the UK, staying overnight on occasion
- To be able to undertake occasional work at short notice
- To recommend Somek and Associates to colleagues
- Previous medico-legal experience and training desirable, but not essential