‘An excellent reputation...’
Brain Injury Claims - Somek & Associates' expert Caz Lyall contributes to 1st Edition
Congratulations to Dr Caz Lyall (Care & Occupational Therapy expert) for her contribution to the 1st Edition of Brain Injury Claims. The text examines the legal and clinical aspects of brain injury litigation. The 1st Edition is described as a key text in civil litigation for both claimant and defendant lawyers and all of those involved in compensation claims.
The publication covers:
- The law and assessing capacity, and the Mental Capacity Act (2005)
- Neurolsurgical, neurological and neuroradiological aspects of brain trauma, and how brain damage occurs and the medical consequences
- Problems with establishing the diagnosis and the neuropsychological assessment of mild and moderate-to-severe injuries
- Emotional and neuropsychiatric aspects of brain trauma
- The issues of malingering and exaggeration in litigation; the incidence of invalid presentations and symptom and performance validity assessment
- Rehabilitation and treatment of the brain injured survivor
- Factors influencing employment, disability discrimination, and vocational rehabilitation
- The assessment of care needs and long-term support
- Evaluation the evidence and the factors that determine the Court's decision-making
For further details and to order your copy please click here.
To view Care & Occupational Therapy expert, Dr Caz Lyall's profile click here.