In Line with this years theme on 'Anxiety' for mental health awareness week, our...
- To speak to one of the team, an expert, or for more information please contact us
Contact our office
Make an enquiry
BSc (Hons), RM, RGN
I qualified in 1981 as a State Certified Midwife. I am an experienced graduate Midwifery Lecturer and Practising Midwife with many years in clinical practice and involvement in pre-registration midwifery programmes. I have an in-depth professional knowledge of midwifery practice and the current agenda of the NHS in UK through working at local and national / regional level.
I am a Senior Midwifery Advisor (Education) at the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). The key responsibilities of my role include:
• Midwifery advisor on practice and policy issues across the organisation, including working with fitness to practice colleagues.
• Indepth knowledge of the standards expected of practising midwives
• Leading on the adoption of the new proficiencies and standards
• Working collaboratively with key national midwifery stakeholders including the Office of the Chief Midwifery Officer
I have an honorary contract with United Lincolnshire Hospitals as a Band 5 Midwife and undertake two supernumerary shifts per month on the delivery suite; during the period of March -September 2020 I worked a weekly shift.
Working alongside the midwifery team I undertake
I am up to date with the Trust’s mandatory training requirements.
Prior to taking up my post at the NMC, I was an Associate Professor in Midwifery and Lead Midwife for Education at the University of Nottingham and practised in a number of local Trusts.
I accept instructions from both Claimant and Defendant Solicitors and Insurers. I have undergone formal training in the medico-legal process and am fully aware of my responsibilities under the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) pertaining to Expert Witnesses.