We have just hired our first Prosthetist!! We are thrilled to announce that we now have a...
- To speak to one of the team, an expert, or for more information please contact us
Contact our office
Make an enquiry
BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy
I qualified as an Occupational Therapist in October 2000, since then I have predominantly worked in the field of spinal cord injury, upper limb injuries, pain management and orthopaedics. This has enabled me develop comprehensive, holistic assessment and treatment skills for patients with highly complex presentations including assessment for and knowledge of specialist equipment, upper limb treatment interventions including splinting, seating provision for complex postural presentations, complex discharge planning and vocational support.
I joined Somek & Associates as an expert witness in 2012. In September 2015, I was successfully appointed by Somek & Associates to a part-time role as Deputy Clinical Business Manager, this involves liaising with clients, identification of appropriate experts, assessment and report types.
In addition to my role at Somek & Associates I maintain an active clinical role as a specialist occupational therapist at the London Spinal Cord Injury Centre managing an outpatient caseload and participating in outpatient multi-disciplinary clinics. I also manage a small private caseload via the OT Practice.
The main responsibilities of my current clinical role are:
• Functional Assessments.
• Completing detailed posture and seating assessments and recommendations for clients with complex needs.
• Completing thorough upper limb assessments and treatment interventions for clients.
• Monitoring individuals progress, rehabilitation and function through regular MDT assessments.
• Identifying any changes in function, handovers and liaison with colleagues as appropriate.
• Managing an outpatient caseload of individuals with spinal cord injury.
• Providing advice and recommendations to statutory services regarding equipment provision and ongoing therapeutic interventions.
• Providing advice and support to more junior members of the therapy team as required.
Throughout my career I have maintained active involvement in developing skills, knowledge and education, attending and presenting on national study days, national and international conferences and the development of national guidelines for upper limb management of spinal cord injury.
I accept instructions from both Claimant and Defendant Solicitors and Insurers. I have undergone formal training in the medico-legal process and am fully aware of my responsibilities under the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) pertaining to Expert Witnesses.
2000 BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy, Nene University College, Northampton