We have just hired our first Prosthetist!! We are thrilled to announce that we now have a...
- To speak to one of the team, an expert, or for more information please contact us
Contact our office
Make an enquiry
BSc Occupational Therapy
I qualified as an Occupational Therapist in 1998 and since then have had a variety of experiences, in particular in the areas of Elderly Care, Adults with Neurological Impairment both in-patient and in the community, and most recently in Disabled Children's Social Services.
I am currently employed as a Band 7 Occupational Therapist working for Torfaen County Borough Council Social Services Occupational therapy team providing a service to disabled children and their families / carers within Torfaen County Borough Council.
The key responsibilities of my role include:
• Assessment of children’s physical, psychological, emotional, social and cultural needs, with a view to maximising their level of independence within their various environments
• Intervention includes encouraging independence in all activities of daily living, safe and effective moving and handling, identifying relevant assistive equipment, consultation around rehousing and education
• Assessment for and management of minor and major adaptations through implementation of DFG legislation and processes, presenting cases at panels and liaising with agents, builders, architects, planners, surveyors etc.
• Intervention with children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder with sensory integration issues to devise coping strategies, adapt the environment to minimise the impact of their sensory needs and the use of sensory integration treatment where appropriate
Since commencing medico-legal work, I have undertaken a number of cases for claimants diagnosed with chronic pain and fibromyalgia.
I undertake medico legal work for Somek and Associates. I accept instructions from both Claimant and Defendant Solicitors and Insurers. I have undergone formal training in the medico-legal process and am fully aware of my responsibilities under the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) pertaining to Expert Witnesses.
British Association of Occupational Therapists
1998 BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy, University of East Anglia