We have just hired our first Prosthetist!! We are thrilled to announce that we now have a...
- To speak to one of the team, an expert, or for more information please contact us
Contact our office
Make an enquiry
BSc Occupational Therapy
I qualified as an Occupational Therapist in 1998 and since then have had a variety of experiences with both adults and children/ young people, in particular in the areas of Neurological Impairment both in-patient and in the community, and in Disabled Children's Social Services. I have also worked as a case manager since 2012 where I have tended to specialise in Paediatric cases.
I am currently a Locum Occupational Therapist working in Disabled Children's Social Services within South Gloucestershire. I have been employed within this team since January 2018 providing a service to disabled children and their families / carers.
The key responsibilities of my role include:
• Assessment of children’s physical, psychological, emotional, social and cultural needs, with a view to maximising their level of independence within their various environments.
• Intervention includes encouraging independence in all activities of daily living, safe and effective moving and handling, identifying relevant assistive equipment, consultation around rehousing and education.
• Assessment for and management of minor and major adaptations through implementation of DFG legislation and processes, presenting cases at panels and liaising with agents, builders, architects, planners, surveyors etc.
• Intervention with children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder with sensory integration issues to devise coping strategies, adapt the environment to minimise the impact of their sensory needs and the use of sensory integration treatment where appropriate.
Since 2012 I have also worked part time as a case manager through West Country Case Management and have a mix of adult and paediatric clients, predominantly with neurological impairment and cerebral palsy.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
• Identify immediate and long term needs and outline these in reports to insurers, defendants solicitors and court of protection.
• Setting and monitoring goals with clients, families and support workers.
• Identifying, recruiting and monitoring rehabilitation specialists.
• Designing and managing care packages.
• Recruiting, training and supervising support workers on behalf and often with clients.
I have also been undertaking medico-legal work for Somek and Associates since 2012. I accept instructions from both Claimant and Defendant Solicitors and Insurers. I have undergone formal training in the medico-legal process and am fully aware of my responsibilities under the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) pertaining to Expert Witnesses.
Since commencing medico-legal work, I have undertaken a number of cases for claimants diagnosed with chronic pain and fibromyalgia, neurological conditions and orthopaedic/ surgical injuries. I have a wealth of experience in paediatric cases through my OT and case management roles.
British Association of Occupational Therapists
1998 BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy, University of East Anglia