We can now confirm an exciting addition to the exhibition and conference programme for the Somek...
- To speak to one of the team, an expert, or for more information please contact us
Contact our office
Make an enquiry
BSc (Hons) Health & Social Care, DipHE Nursing Studies
I qualified as a Registered Nurse in March 1998 and have since had a very varied career as I have accompanied my husband for over twelve years on numerous British Forces postings. This has taken me all over England, to Germany, and to Northern Ireland. I worked in a nursing / nurse managerial capacity in each of these countries.
Upon qualifying as a Nurse I initially worked in a specialised Respiratory Unit for adults in London. I then went on to specialise in Neonatal Intensive Care nursing. In 2000, I moved to Germany with my husband and worked with the British Forces and SSAFA as a Practice Nurse. I returned to England a few years later and took on a Nursing management role in a large GP Practice. I later moved into Project Management with an emphasis on Sexual and Reproductive Health, before taking a career break to have a family. In 2010 I worked as a Registered Manager for a large Nursing home in Belfast, before returning back to England to my current role.
My present role is as Matron for Paediatrics and Neonates.
My key responsibilities include:
• Management of the Paediatric departments on 3 different hospital sites
• Management of around 160 Nurses and Health Care Assistants
• Development of guidelines for professional practice
• Assessment of clinical staff – competencies
• Operational day to day running of each of the sites, including bed flow
• Strategic planning
• Risk assessment and monitoring, and management of all incidents and complaints including serious untoward incidents
• Management of the Paediatric Risk Register
• Facilitation of workshops, teaching sessions and forums
• Clinical Governance Lead
• Overseeing ward / department cleanliness and lead on infection control
• Safeguarding Lead
• Disciplinaries, investigations etc.
• Monitoring Record Keeping and Medicines Management
• Liaison with PCT and key professionals, professional networks, other acute Trusts, social care, Police, CAMHS; various external agencies and boards, GP’s, learning disability teams, children’s community teams and schools. I ensure internal liaison and communication with other departments and specialities within the Trust and work with the CQC and HSE as required.
I accept instructions from both Claimant and Defendant Solicitors and Insurers. I have undergone formal training in the medico-legal process and am fully aware of my responsibilities under the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) pertaining to Expert Witnesses.
Royal College of Nursing
GUNA (Genito-Urinary Nurses Association)
BAPM (British Association of Perinatal Medicine) Pending – New application
2002 BSc (Hons) Health & Social Care, Open University
1998 Dip HE Nursing (Adult), Registered Nurse, Nottingham University
I am currently studying for an MSc in Advanced Safeguarding Practice.