- Physical Disability (Adults and Children)
- Care Management
- Minor & Major Adaptations
I qualified as an Occupational Therapist in 1982 since when I have worked mainly with clients with
physical disability both in an acute setting and in the community.
Between 2004 and 2011 I held the role of Occupational Therapist Principle Officer, Community Care Physical Disability with Bolton Metropolitan Borough Council. From October 2010 I was also involved in a pilot scheme in South East Bolton, in line with Putting People First and Transforming Social Care. This involved the assessment of Initial Personal Budgets, and Self Directed Support with an emphasis on re-ablement and self-care to improve and maintain the independence of the service users. I assisted service users as necessary, in making appropriate decisions to buy services to best meet their needs. I also acted as Care Manager / Occupational Therapist.
From 2003 to February 2015 I held the role of Senior Occupational Therapist at Heathlands Village
Prestwich, which has during the time combined with The Federation of Jewish Services. I worked in this position whilst at the same time working in both NHS and Social Services roles. This role
required me to provide a comprehensive Occupational Therapy service to all patients referred to Occupational Therapy.
In March 2015 I began working with Access Independent carrying out functional assessments for the provision of equipment for The Royal British Legion, and also carrying out functional assessments to reduce statutory services waiting lists for equipment and major and minor adaptations, whilst at the same time carrying out assessments as an independent Occupational Therapist.
My duties include:
• Carrying out functional assessments within client’s own homes
• Making appropriate recommendations for equipment and minor and major adaptations
• Offering advice in relation to methods, equipment and adaptations, which would reduce risk and
• Liaising with clients, family, carers, and members of the team as appropriate to each individual
• Attending meetings as required.
• Providing accurate and professional reports.
• Promoting and maintaining high professional standards.
In addition, since January 2012 I have worked as an Expert Witness for Somek & Associates, where I accept instructions from both Claimant and Defendant Solicitors and Insurers. I have undergone formal training in the medico-legal process and am fully aware of my responsibilities under the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) pertaining to Expert Witnesses.