Congratulations to Dr Caz Lyall (Care & Occupational Therapy expert) for her...
- To speak to one of the team, an expert, or for more information please contact us
Contact our office
Make an enquiry
BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy
I qualified as an Occupational Therapist in October 2000. I currently work as a Deputy Clinical Business Manager at Somek & Associates. To maintain my clinical skills I continue to undertake work as a Specialist in Spinal Cord Injury within the NHS and Private Sector. My treatment skills have been developed in addition to the Specialist Upper Limb skills obtained during my previous post to enable me to holistically treat a caseload of patients with highly complex presentations including assessment for specialist equipment, upper limb management, seating provision for complex postural presentations, complex discharge planning and vocational support.
The main responsibilities of my current clinical role are:
• Completing detailed posture and seating assessments and recommendations for clients with complex needs.
• Completing thorough upper limb assessments and treatment interventions for clients with Spinal Cord Injury.
• Managing a caseload of outpatients and making recommendations on treatment interventions to their local services.
Key professional achievements include the following:
• Presented at Mascip (national spinal cord injury multi disciplinary conference)
• Lead therapist for developing National Guidelines for managing the tetraplegic upper limb
• Lead SCIC therapist for developing the upper limb reconstructive surgery service
• ‘Management of Shoulder Instability’ RNOH
• Lectured on Interdisciplinary National 2 day course on ‘Occupational therapy for Shoulder Instability’.
• Australian Hand Therapy Association Conference
• Co–Presented a workshop on ‘The Rehabilitation of Brachial Plexus Injuries’.
• Orthotics Training Course for Specialist Registrars – RNOH
• Co-Presented Splinting Lecture
• Joint Publication of a case study ‘A Team Effort’
I accept instructions from both Claimant and Defendant Solicitors and Insurers. I have undergone formal training in the medico-legal process and am fully aware of my responsibilities under the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) pertaining to Expert Witnesses.
2000 BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy, Nene University College, Northampton