Congratulations to Dr Caz Lyall (Care & Occupational Therapy expert) for her...
- To speak to one of the team, an expert, or for more information please contact us
Contact our office
Make an enquiry
BSc (Hons), RM, RGN
I qualified in 1981 as a State Certified Midwife. I am an experienced graduate Midwifery Lecturer and Practising Midwife with many years involvement in pre-registration midwifery programmes. A particular area of expertise is in normal midwifery, continuing professional development, distance learning, open education resources. I have an in-depth professional knowledge of midwifery practice and the current agenda of the NHS in UK through working at local and national / regional level.
I currently work as an Associate Professor in Midwifery at the University, of Nottingham Leicester and practice in a number of local Trusts.
The key responsibilities of my current role include:
• Maintaining clinical knowledge and competence
• Theoretical and clinical teaching of midwifery
• Personal tutor to undergraduate midwifery students which includes assessment of their clinical practice
• Clinical liaison areas – Delivery Suite and ward
• Director of Midwifery Undergraduate Programmes
• I volunteer abroad in poor resource countries teaching emergency maternal and neonatal skills drills.
I accept instructions from both Claimant and Defendant Solicitors and Insurers. I have undergone formal training in the medico-legal process and am fully aware of my responsibilities under the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) pertaining to Expert Witnesses.
2012 Commenced Professional Doctorate in Health Sciences
2007 Fellow of The Higher Education Academy
2006 E-moderators course, Gilly Salmon, University of Leicester
2002 Certificate in Health Promotion K301, Open University
2000 MA in Distance Education, International Extension College / University of London
1994 Bachelor of Science (Hons) Degree, 2:1 Upper Second Class, Open University, Milton Keynes
1994 Diploma in Applied Social Sciences, Open University
1989 Postgraduate Certificate in the Education of Adults, University of Surrey, The Royal College of Midwives Trust, London
1987 Advanced Diploma in Midwifery, The Royal College of Midwives Trust. London
1981 State Certified Midwife, West Roding School of Midwifery, Whipps Cross Hospital, London
1979 State Registered Nurse, Philip Templeman School of Nursing, Poole