Congratulations to Dr Caz Lyall (Care & Occupational Therapy expert) for her...
- To speak to one of the team, an expert, or for more information please contact us
Contact our office
Make an enquiry
M.Ed. Autism, BSc (Hons)
I qualified as a Speech and Language Therapist in 1989 and have worked in a broad variety of areas including paediatrics, adults with learning difficulties and adults with acquired neurological disorders and E.N.T. conditions. I have worked in community clinics, a paediatric hospital clinic, mainstream and special schools and in hospital settings. My experience has combined a considerable range of communication difficulties and dysphagia (swallowing difficulties) in the various settings. I have also been required to lecture to medical students and to complete and present an audit on dysphagia within the hospital.
I worked (concurrently with the full-time position for the Lambs Group) with a number of clients
independently and full-time as an independent practitioner since April 2008. Whilst employed by the Lambs Group I worked with students, aged 5-19 years, as well as students in the new adult provision for individuals with Autistic Spectrum Disorders.
Some of my key achievements include the following:
• Director of I.N.C.L.U.D.E. (Cheshire) Limited, which was registered in 2009. (I.N.C.L.U.D.E. Increased Communication Leads to Unstoppable Development)
• Client group comprises a diverse group of children and young adults with a range of presenting
conditions including A.S.D.s (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) and A.B.I.s (Acquired Brain Injuries)
• Received referrals from various sources including parents, a school, care organisations, case
management companies and law firms
• Acted as an Expert Witness for a young woman with severe learning difficulties, autism and
• Jointly case managed a child with an A.B.I. with another case manager / occupational therapist
• Worked as part of S.C.A.I.T. (Social Communication Assessment and Intervention Team) in North, Central and South Manchester for Pulse (a locum agency for Allied Health Professionals) on fixed term contracts
• Worked as a member of a specialist national social communication multidisciplinary team at Manchester Children’s Hospital for Pulse on a fixed term contract
• Delivered a range of training packages to staff and lectures to doctoral psychology students / trainee educational psychologists at Manchester University
I accept instructions from both Claimant and Defendant Solicitors and Insurers. I have undergone
formal training in the medico-legal process and am fully aware of my responsibilities under the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) pertaining to Expert Witnesses.